The Perk Downtown is a local, neighborhood coffee!
WHAT WE OFFER:
– These a PART-TIME positions to start- 10 – 15 hrs a week “starting out”
– This is an Entry level position – MID SHIFTS and CLOSING SHIFTS
– Other possible “fill in” shifts will be available throughout the week to cover for illness, vacation, days off, etc.
– We require a “paid” period of training and testing
– Training/Testing pay is minimum wage ($11.10 hr) with NO tips
– After you pass our training and testing period, you will move to tipped wage ($8.08 hr) PLUS TIPS
*TIPS CAN BE EXCELLENT AT OUR LOCATION FOR A COFFEE SHOP*
– Opportunities to advance in position, pay and specialized training
– 50% Discount of food and drinks at the store
– 30% Discount on Liquor
– Discount on food and drinks for family members
– Paid, off street parking in a lot behind our building
*21 years old preferred due to alcohol serving requirements.
1.) The top requirement is… You MUST be an upbeat, positive and outgoing person! MUST!
2.) You must be a TEAM PLAYER!
2.) Prior Barista Experience a “PLUS”, but not required
3.) Liquor Training Certification a “PLUS”, but not required
4.) Food Handling Certification a “PLUS”, but not required
3.) YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS… No Exceptions
– Customer service focused and solution oriented
– Energetic is a must!
– Friendly and outgoing, positive attitude
– A Love for Coffee and/or tea: working with it, talking about it and drinking it
– Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and co-workers
– Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment (this is not an exaggeration)
– Ability to work a flexible schedule based on cafe needs
– Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits
– MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER!
– MUST have a good sense of humor! We laugh a lot around here!
– Prepare and serve handcrafted coffee’s, tea’s, sandwiches, baked goods and other food items
– Pour, Prepare and Serve Alcoholic Beverages (beer, wine, mixed drinks)
– Wash Dishes, Stock Supplies, Keep the Store Clean & Tidy
– Deliver EXCEPTIONAL customer service
– Be/Become knowledgeable and enthusiastic about all coffee, tea, alcohol, drinks – preparation and products
– Prepare and serve beverages and food items with consistently, quality and “excellence”
– Assist with setup, cleanup, stock work and handling of food items